Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Review: Prick by Sabrina Paige



Prick (A Step Brother Romance #1)
Author: Sabrina Paige
Release Date: February 2015
Publisher:

I can't stop thinking about that prick.
Caulter Sterling is a prick.
A filthy-mouthed, womanizing, crude, spoiled, arrogant prick.
The tattooed, pierced, panty-melting-hot son of a celebrity.
I hate him.
He's slept his way through practically every girl at Brighton Academy. 

Except for me.
I'm the good girl. The responsible girl. The 4.0, class president, studied-so-much-she-never-lost-the-big-V girl.
And in celebration of graduation and adulthood, I just made the worst decision in the history of ever.
I lost my V-card to the devil himself.
It was just one night. So what if it was mind-blowing? Hit it and quit it.

Except I just found out that my father - the Senator, the Presidential hopeful - is marrying Caulter's mother. Oh, and this summer? We're hitting the campaign trail.
One big happy family.
I'm totally f**ked.


Review

I'm going to keep this one fairly brief, since I don't have an awful lot to actually say. I was in the mood for an easy read when I picked up Prick and it did deliver on that score. I never felt particularly emotionally involved in the story so it was an easy read but it also made it a little tedious for me.

Katherine is the stereotypical good girl. She's a bit  uptight and always presents herself as the perfect politician's daughter. She squashes down her own desires and dreams, but decides to let loose for one night with Caulter Sterling. 
Caulter is your stereotypical bad boy, rebel without a cause type. He's more sensitive than he lets on and teases Katherine to hide how attracted he actually is to her.

These two were attracted to each other from the get go and did everything they could to deny it. They have a very up and down relationship, kind of an enemies-with-benefits thing going for most of the book. By the time their relationship developed beyond just anything physical, I thought it felt forced. It was just very sudden and didn't really fit. 
I also thought that the characters could be so goddamn immature. I know they're only 18, but it could be really irritating at times. 
I did like that Caulter totally brings Kate out of her shell. He's pretty filthy, in a good way of course, which was fun to see when combined with Kate's prudishness.

I did enjoy this for the most part, but the pace felt way off for me. It took a while to really get into their relationship, then it felt forced. Plus at the end there's a fairly large time jump and I thought a lot of the character development was basically skipped out during this time, which bugged me. 
There's some fun humour and the banter between Kate and Caulter could be pretty great as well. This is a quick easy read which I think will appeal more to other people, perhaps.


 photo signature_zpse432d412.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)