Saturday, 8 February 2014

Book Review: Master of the Opera, Act 4: Dark Interlude



Master of the Opera, Act 4: Dark Interlude
Author: Jeffe Kennedy
Publisher: eKensington
Release Date: 20 February 2014

In the fourth fiery installment of Jeffe Kennedy's scintilliating "Master of the Opera," a woman surrenders-body and soul-to the one man who is everything she desires, everything she craves, and, possibly, everything she fears...Reeling from the discovery of a dead body in the Sante Fe Opera House, intern Christy Davis is forced to reassess the strange, erotically-charged relationship she's forged with the mysterious masked man who lives in the labrynths below. Could her masterful lover be capable of murder, and worse? Perhaps it was the thrill of danger that drew Christy to him in the first place-like a moth to the flame-instead of a more conventional romance with the opera house's handsome benefactor, Roman. For the sake of her sanity, she must at least give Roman a chance. But for the love of her master, she must give in to every wild fantasy, every wicked game, and every whim he commands...

Is Christy prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice? To surrender her heart, her soul, her everything? First she must acknowledge the truth: a woman in love can serve only one master...

Review

I don't understand. How can these keep getting better, when the previous book was already awesome?! It defies logic, but this is the best installment in the series so far!

I spent a good deal of time inwardly screaming at Christy to get the hell away from Roman, that dude gives off some seriously creepy vibes! He's so quietly sinister, and just subtly threatens her, which is even worse than if he just attacked her. He has this horrible hold over Christy, and she's frightened by him.
Christy's relationship with Master deepens and is taken to a whole new level. I wish I could say more but I don't want to ruin anything! Suffice to say, that he does not disappoint.

The ending left me totally agog. It raised so many questions and left me very, very intrigued. I want to know everything, and I want to know it now. The beauty of this series is that with each book Jeffe Kennedy gives enough development to make us happy, but holds enough back to keep us desperate for the next part of the story. 
I want to know everything about Master, and I love the spirituality and mythology that seems to be woven in with what we know of his story.

It's now time to wait impatiently for Act 5, but I know it will be worth it. Kennedy's writing is so atmospheric that the tension and mystery of the story invades you, and stays with you for days. Another addictive addition to this brilliant series.

*I received a review copy from the publisher, via NetGalley, for my honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)