Thursday, 23 January 2014

Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition #4


Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition is a meme hosted by the fabulous Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.
Historical romance is my favourite genre, so I'm excited to participate!

What Is Throwback Thursday?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or image from their past--usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book related Throwback Thursday.

Here Are The Rules: 
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 3, 2008



Virgin Slave, Barbarian King
Author: Louise Allen
Publisher: Harlequin
Release Date: 1 December 2007

Julia Livia Rufa is horrified when barbarians invade Rome and steal everything in sight. But she doesn't expect to be among the taken. As Wulfric's woman, she's ordered to keep house for the uncivilized marauders. Soon, though, Julia realizes that she's more free as a slave than she ever was as a sheltered Roman virgin.

It would be all too easy to succumb to Wulfric's quiet strength, and Julia wants him more than she's ever wanted anything. But Wulfric could one day be king, and Julia is a Roman slave. What future can there be for two people from such different worlds?

I unashamedly love this book. I distinctly remember buying it when I was 16 and blushing so badly, because that title is a little blush-worthy. 
I got this when I'd only been reading historical romance for a few months, and I worshiped at the altar of Mills & Boon (UK equivalent of Harlequin).

I still love it though. I'm not even sure if it's a good book, but it's an old favourite that I get out every now and then to enjoy whilst I have a hot soak in the bath. Actually, that sounds like a good idea right about now...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)