Friday, 3 January 2014

Book Review: Caroline and the Duke by Sabrina Darby



Caroline and the Duke
Author: Sabrina Darby
Release Date: 9 December 2013

A Widow Determined to be Merry

At the urging of her best friend, Caroline, Lady Ballister, seeks a lover with no emotional attachments. After all, experience has taught her that love is a fickle, pointless thing.

A Duke Determined to Marry

Sutbridge has wanted Caroline for ten years and, now that she is once again free, is determined to make her his wife. But will he settle for her body, or wage a war for the most important treasure of all: her heart?

Review




I'm going to keep this review short and sweet, just like the book.

I was very impressed by how well developed the story was, considering the length of the story. It only took about 20 minutes to read.
I think because Sutbridge and Caroline already had a history together, it made it easier to have a meaningful relationship and the romance didn't seem too sudden.
Caroline is definitely not interested in marrying again after a loveless and cold first marriage, but Sutbridge has loved her for far too long to settle for just an affair.

It's a second chance love story and a very sweet one. It also serves as a great introduction to Sabrina Darby's books, and I'm already looking forward to reading more from this author.

*I received a review copy from the publisher, via NetGalley, for my honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)