Thursday, 19 December 2013

Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition #2


Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition is a meme hosted by the fabulous Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.
Historical romance is my favourite genre, so I'm excited to participate!


What Is Throwback Thursday?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or image from their past--usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book related Throwback Thursday.

Here Are The Rules: 
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 3, 2008



Flowers from the Storm
Author: Laura Kinsale
Publisher: Avon Books
Original Publish Date: 1992

The Duke of Jervaulx was brilliant - and dangerous. Considered dissolute, reckless, and extravagant, he was transparently referred to as the "D of J" in scandal sheets. But sometimes the most womanizing rakehell can be irresistible, and even his most casual attentions fascinated the sheltered Maddy Timms. 

Then one fateful day she receives the shocking news - the duke is lost to the world. And Maddy knows it is her destiny to help him and her only chance to find the true man behind the wicked facade. 

But she never dreamed her gentle, healing touch would alter his life and her own so completely - and bind them together in need, desire...and love.

Original Cover:
I had to include the original cover with Fabio. I just wish that my copy was this version, I've just got the tree and house- boring!


I haven't read Flowers from the Storm yet, but I have every intention of doing so soon. I was browsing for older books, trying to pick one to buy the other day, and I stumbled across this. I've heard of it before, and decided to try it out. 

So now it's sat on my shelf, calling out to me- 'Have a bath and a glass of wine, and take me with you!'. And I will! As soon as my exams are over and I'm back home for the holidays!

The only thing putting me off a bit is that's pretty long compared to most romances these days :) But I will not be deterred!

Has anyone read this before? Verdicts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)