Thursday, 12 December 2013

Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition #1


Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition is a meme hosted by the fabulous Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.
Historical romance is my favourite genre, so I'm excited to participate! I've been meaning to join in for weeks.

What Is Throwback Thursday?
Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or image from their past--usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book related Throwback Thursday.

Here Are The Rules: 
1. It must be posted on a Thursday.
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 3, 2008

Alrighty, I'm going to start with an easy one this week!



Devil in Winter
Author: Lisa Kleypas
Publisher: Avon
Release Date: 28 February 2006

A Devil's Bargain

Easily the shyest Wallflower, Evangeline Jenner stands to become the wealthiest, once her inheritance comes due. Because she must first escape the clutches of her unscrupulous relatives, Evie has approached the rake Viscount St. Vincent with a most outrageous proposition:marriage!

Sebastian's reputation is so dangerous that thirty seconds alone with him will ruin any maiden's good name. Still, this bewitching chit appeared,unchaperoned, on his doorstep to offer her hand. Certainly an aristocrat with a fine eye for beauty could do far worse.

But Evie's proposal comes with a condition: no lovemaking after their wedding night. She will never become just another of the dashing libertine's callously discarded broken hearts --- which means Sebastian will simply have to work harder at his seductions ... or perhaps surrender his own heart for the very first time in the name of true love.
I LOVE Devil in Winter. It's my favourite book, and it's not hard to see why. I love Evie and Sebastian, individually and as a couple. Devil In Winter is the type of book that, I'd guess, crops up on most historical romance lover's favourites list.
I also love the inside cover for it ( do they have an actual name?).


I used it as part of my blog header as well!

“I want to fill every part of you, breathe the air from your lungs and leave my handprints on your soul. I want to give you more pleasure than you can bear.”

Oh and I absolutely love this next quote, I've been considering getting it as a tattoo. I'll make my mind up one day!

Sometimes the fractures in two separate souls became the very hinges that held them together.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)