Monday, 21 October 2013

Book Review: Far Too Tempting by Lauren Blakely



Far Too TemptingAuthor: Lauren Blakely
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, Edge
Release Date: 21 October 2013

Jane Black has written the breakup album of the century, earning her a Grammy, a huge legion of new fans, and the pressure to repeat her success. Sure, the heartbreak from her husband’s unconventional abandonment might have been her inspiration, but it hasn’t done her any favors in the dating department. So when Matthew Harrigan, the toughest music journalist out there, asks for an interview, Jane agrees—as long as her personal life is completely off-limits.


British, gorgeous, and way too tempting, Matthew’s the first guy Jane’s been attracted to since her husband. As she spends more time with him and their relationship heats up, though, so does her writer’s block. How can the queen of the break up pen the perfect follow-up when she’s seriously in love?

Review




I'm not entirely sure how I managed this...but this is the first of Lauren Blakely's books that I've read! I have a few of her book on my kindle, but I've not read them yet. That's going to change very soon, because I really enjoyed this! 

Jane is so grounded, she's a mother, a friend, a sister...and just so happens to be a pretty huge rock star! Music is her life blood, and her break up album is the first time she's had real success in the music world. Her success comes with a price though- the breakdown of her marriage. So she's been burned and is filled with insecurities when it comes to men, but she just needs the right guy....
Enter Matthew Harrigan, a music journalist who makes Jane feel like a sexy, desirable woman again. I loved that he tried to restrain himself, and stay professional but he just can't resist her. He's such a gentleman, and he's got a great sense of humour. He's kind of the perfect man, and he's a fellow Englishman. And if that isn't enough, he's titled as well!

Jane and Matthew have the kind of chemistry you always hope will be in a book, it's sexy and passionate. But it's also incredibly intimate, and I loved watching their relationship develop. When Jane opens her heart up, and allows herself to trust Matthew, I was just so darned happy for them! 
Jane's friends and family were brilliant, as well. They are what keep her so down to earth, and Ethan was the cutest book kid ever! I loved his card games, and HP obsession. 

Far Too Tempting has all the ingredients for a perfect romance- a searing hot sexual chemistry, a sweet romance, and great, likable characters. Not to mention that Lauren Blakely's writing has a witty humour throughout that perfectly balances the pain and mistrust that Jane still struggles to move past. Really, really great, and I can't wait to finally get started on the rest of Ms. Blakely's books! 

*I received an ARC from the publisher for my honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)