Sunday, 27 October 2013

Book Review: Dear Adam by Ava Zavora



Dear Adam
Author: Ava Zavora
Release Date: 16 September 2013

“You’re the more real to me than any man I’ve ever known … ”

To book blogger Eden, Adam is the embodiment of every literary fantasy she’s ever had. Intelligent, wickedly funny, sexy, and attentive – he and his fascinating life seem right out of a novel. Their whirlwind relationship is so intense and all consuming that soon she can’t imagine being with anyone else.


But there’s one little thing that’s keeping Adam and Eden from their happily ever after.


They’ve never met. She doesn’t even know what he looks like.

Despite how hard she’s fallen for him and how he makes her feel, Eden’s doubts begin to threaten their passionate love affair. Why is he so mysterious? Why does he seem reluctant to meet her? What is Adam hiding?


Afraid that she’s being made a fool of, Eden is forced to choose between her heart and her head. Is Adam too good to be true, as her common sense is telling her, or is the truth more startling than fiction?

Review




I found this book interesting and certainly different. At first I found it engrossing, then the middle lagged a bit, before picking up pace again in the last quarter of the book. 

Eden is a thirty something single mum with a teenage son, and she's also a book blogger (woop woop). She starts talking to Adam via twitter, and it quickly becomes an intense online friendship, before taking a turn for the romantic. Eden is understandably wary about getting too close to Adam. She's been hurt so much in the past, and she doesn't want to be hurt by Adam, but he seems to good to be true. 
Adam is enigmatic, to say the least. He places a great deal of importance on privacy, and won't even send Eden a picture of himself. You can understand why Eden would have so many doubts! He's blunt and straight forward, except when it come to some personal details about himself. He definitely stirs your interest, and leaves you wondering just who he is, and why his life is so mysterious.

In a book world filled with insta-love mostly based on lust, it was very refreshing that their relationship develops without Eden knowing what Adam looks like. The connection they had was very genuine, and it's filled with passion- which surprised me, considering that most of the communication is via email or talking on the phone. 

Overall, I found this very interesting, but during the middle of the book I found it hard to keep my reading momentum and it took away from my enjoyment of the book. There were plenty of twists, and the ending was a perfect way to wrap up the story.
There is a second ending, which you can choose to read or not. I read it, but I preferred the original ending. I thought it was more romantic.

*I received a review copy from the author, for my honest review. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)