Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Book Review: Ravenous by Eden Summers



Ravenous
Author: Eden Summers
Publisher: Escape Publishing
Publication Date: 1 August 2013

She’s a small town caterer, he’s a big city chef, but they don’t need a kitchen to make things sizzle...

Erin McDonald likes her simple life in her small town: no drama, no fuss, no uncertainty...until Jesse Hackett breezes back into town. Erin never quite got over how he left for the bright lights of the big city, and took her heart with him.

Jesse never regretted his decision to leave small town life behind and chase his big city dreams, but he’s always regretted leaving Erin behind. No woman has ever compared, and once he convinces Erin to let him touch her again, he’s never going to let her go.

Sparks fly and fires are rekindled, but the basic divide still remains: what really matters in life — location or love?

My Review

 





When Jesse left his small town for the city opportunities in Sydney, he also broke Erin's heart. Years later Jesse's back for a family party and the sparks are flying between Erin and Jesse, even though she wants to protect her heart. But there is still the same problem between them- Jesse won't stay in his small home town and Erin is happy with her simple country life.

This is a short and sweet story, with plenty of steamy scenes!
Honestly, I didn't love it, I didn't really connect with the characters or the story properly. You're plunged straight into the reunion between Erin and Jesse with no background on their relationship which meant that I was a bit disconnected from the beginning. 
I liked both Erin and Jesse, and was hoping they'd resolve their differences and find a way to be together. For most of the story, neither are very willing to compromise. At first, I didn't like Jesse particularly, I thought he was being too uncompromising, but I definitely came to see his point of view. Once I understood how Jesse felt, I liked him a lot more!

I liked the ending and thought the HEA came together perfectly. I loved Eden Summers' writing style, and the sexy scenes were definitely fab- I'm looking forward to reading a full length book from this author!

*I received an ARC from the publisher, via NetGalley, for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)