Thursday, 27 June 2013

New Adult Scandal!

I thought I'd whip up a quick blog post about the events today, in case anyone hasn't heard about it. I've been so distracted all evening watching the drama unfold!

Basically, you may have seen a few days ago that I had a promo post for a New Adult book called Amazingly Broken by Jordin Williams.
Well it turns out, that this book has heavily plagiarised from other books. There are entire sections taken out of Easy by Tammara Webber and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire! It also looks like the whole plot may or may not have been taken from some Twilight fanfiction called Amazingly Damaged.

40 GIFs That Say NO - Image 21

The plot thickens, as in Jordin Williams' author biography she said she was a ghotswriter, who wanted to write her own book. When confronted with her plagiarism she then claimed that her book was ghostwritten by someone else. 
It also turns out that she is a he, and the author picture was a stock photo. 
You can see the original article that revealed it all here, http://dearauthor.com/book-reviews/the-plagiarizing-of-tammara-webbers-easy-by-jordin-williams/. If you read through the comments, then you can see the whole thing unravel.

It's completely nuts, and completely wrong! 
I was contacted by the author and asked if I could participate in a promo post, which I happily did. I thought  the blurb sounded great and I was in the mood to try out some new adult books.
I was also given a review copy of the book, which I've read. I was going to post my review tonight, but I'm obviously not going to now. 
I feel personally a bit of a fool, although I couldn't have known having never read Easy or Beautiful Disaster. But still.

The silver lining for me though is that I really enjoyed the book, so it stands to reason that I'm going to enjoy Easy and Beautiful Disaster! So they've been bumped up my TBR list. 
People like this just ruin it for everyone else!

Amazon has removed it and you can get a full refund, which I heartily recommend you do! I've taken down my earlier post about it as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)