Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Interview: Miss Chatterley by Logan Belle




Today on the blog, we have Logan Belle, author of an erotic romance, published as an e-serial- Miss Chatterley!




Hungry (Miss Chatterley part 1)
Author: Logan Belle
Format: E-serial
Publisher: Pocket Star
Publish Date: 13 May 2013

Torn between love and sex. By the time Connie decides, it could be too late.
I've loved Cliff since the day we met. For three years, he’s been my boyfriend and my best friend. But for the first time, something is missing. Sex. It’s been months since Cliff has touched me. And I don’t know how much longer I can wait—especially since I've met someone else. For the first time, I feel doubt. Temptation.

Oliver Mellors is nothing like Cliff. He’s purely physical and intensely focused on my body. But then, he has to be: he’s my CrossFit trainer. I know I can’t confuse sex with love. I know I shouldn’t risk love for sex. But now, caught between two men, I wonder: Is there a way to have both?

Connie Chatterley isn’t exactly thrilled about the move to Palo Alto. What will she do in the land of tech billionaires and IPOs? But when her boyfriend Cliff says he needs to do it for his company, she agrees. Isn’t compromise a part of every good relationship? Once in California, Cliff spends all his time with his demanding assistant Ivy Bolton and shark-like investment banker Tommy Dukes, leaving Connie with nothing better to do than go to the gym. But when she starts training with rugged CrossFit coach Oliver Mellors, Connie feels a dangerous attraction to the sexy stranger. And after one shocking moment of weakness, the move isn’t the only thing Connie starts to question…
B&N     



Interview

Hi Logan, welcome to The Rookie Romance Blog!
Thanks Cerian! I'm excited to be here to talk about Miss Chatterley.

Share 4 fun facts each about yourself!
Okay, I don’t know if these are fun – but they are facts:
  1. I am addicted to sugar. 
  2. I named my first daughter Bronwen after a character in my favorite novel, Susan Howatch's The Wheel of Fortune. 
  3. My first job out of college was selling make-up in a department store. 
  4. I live in NYC but I LOVE Los Angeles and would move there in a second if I could
Do you have any little rituals for when you’re writing, or anything that helps you concentrate?
I have the attention span of a fruit fly thanks to the internet. The rhythm of my day is: internet binge, write, internet binge, write. And I love coffee, but it only really gives me a good rush first thing in the morning.

Is there any music that inspired Miss Chatterley?
I was really into the Alex Clare song “Too Close” when I was writing this. Also the song “On My Own” by Robyn. I also listened to the Fiona Apple song “Criminal” – a good song for the guilty heart!

What made you decide to put your own erotic spin on Lady Chatterley’s Lover?
It started with cleaning out a closet: My fiancĂ© uncovered his dusty old copy of Lady Chatterley’s Lover. He told me it was the first erotic novel he’d ever read. By this time, I’d written four erotic novels. He suggested I take a shot at writing an updated version of the story. I really liked the idea because while Lady Chatterley’s Lover wasn't the first sexy novel I’d read, it definitely left a lasting impression. But there were obvious challenges in telling Connie’s story set in the modern day. In 1920, the setting of the original, women didn't have as many options outside of marriage as they do today. And once you were married, that was pretty much it. Divorce? Forget about it. Total scandal.

But then I read a surprising study claiming that a significant percentage of women would rather have more time to Facebook than time to have sex. This obsession with screens and devices is the impotence of our time. The social media that is supposed to make us more connected is making us less connected to those closest to us. And this sparked my ideas for an updated Miss Chatterley, set in contemporary Silicon Valley

If Miss Chatterley was made into a movie, who would you choose to cast as Connie, Cliff and Mellors?
For Connie, I would love to see Emma Stone. As a brunette, though. For Cliff, maybe Tom Sturridge or Andrew Garfield. For Mellors, Kellan Lutz or Sam Worthington.

What books have inspired you the most in your life?
I don’t think there is any doubt that the books you read when you’re young influence you in a way that no later books can. The novels that most inspired me were Judith Krantz's sex and ambition-fueled novels like Mistral’s Daughter, Scruples, and Princess Daisy. I read them when I was in eighth grade, and they literally shaped my view not just of what a book could and should be, but of what the world could and should be. To this day, I adore those book and re-read them every few years. She is the master. Next, I was influenced by the more down-to-earth, emotionally complex YA novels of Norma Klein. She was a brilliant writer. I read constantly, and there are so many writers today whom I admire and who I still learn from. I think Emily Giffin's first four novels were special. I love Elin Hilderbrand. I thought Julie Kenner's Stark trilogy is amazing. Alma Katsu's The Taker is probably the most brilliant book I've read in a long, long time.

Can you share a little bit about what you’re working on at the moment?
I’m working on my first New Adult novel and I’m obsessed with it. Can’t wait to share more!



About the Author


Logan Belle is the pen name for author Jamie Brenner.
Her erotic romance novels The Librarian and the Blue Angel trilogy have been published in fifteen countries. Writing under her own name, she is the author of the 1920s historical novel The Gin Lovers, which was praised by Fresh Fiction as one of the “Top Thirteen Books to Read in 2013.” She lives in New York City. Read more at jamiebrenner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)