Saturday, 25 May 2013

Book Tour: Chemical Attraction by Christina Thompson; Interview

Welcome to my stop on the tour for Chemical Attraction by Christina Thompson. We have an interview with Christina, so enjoy!




Chemical Attraction
Author: Christina Thompson
Format: E-Book (314 pages)
Publisher: 48fourteen
Publish Date: August 2012
ISBN #: 978-1-937546-11-3

FBI Agent Joe Roberts wants that instant chemistry with a woman like the ones his sisters have with their husbands. After years of searching, he finds it with Dr. Madeline Pierce. The problem—she’s his contact on a dangerous case. 
When Madeline discovers an extensive operation of meth production and distribution within her medical research facility, Joe goes undercover as her boyfriend to determine the degree of company involvement. They determine the meth is financing a volatile nano-drug. 
The small West Michigan farming town is in turmoil over horrific animal attacks. Someone is experimenting outside the laboratory. Are human test subjects next? With the help of Joe’s sister Eva, who works at the local clinic, and her law enforcement husband, Joe and Madeline hunt for this new bio-weapon. Will they give in to temptation? She thinks he’s playing her like the men from her past. He needs to convince her otherwise.

Sex, Drugs, and Nanotechnology—Throw in murder, and you have the ingredients for Chemical Attraction. 

Scientists don’t fully understand how nano-drugs affect the body’s chemical and physiological processes. It’s fascinating and terrifying. What if these small particles invaded our body without our knowledge? What if someone could tap into our brain to control our actions? Who would have the courage to stop it?

Interview

Hi Christina, welcome to The Rookie Romance Blog!
Thank you for hosting me on my very first book tour.

Share 4 fun facts about yourself!

  1. I’m a certified massage therapist and acupuncturist.
  2. I’m a Firefly Browncoat and adore Nathan Fillion.
  3. I love sci-fi monster movies.
  4. I once beat my son, an avid gamer, at Mario Party. It’s a game of chance, but a win’s a win.
Do you have any little rituals for when you’re writing, or anything that helps you concentrate?
I concentrate the best when I have a baseball game on the TV. The slow rhythm of the game is hypnotic and helps me focus. It’s weird but effective. Go Tigers!

How did you do the research for all the science elements? It sounds very technical!

Years ago, I read an article by Carol Ekarius in Alternative Medicine called “Welcome to Nano World.” Carol wrote, “The very things that make nano particles so useful—also make them potentially dangerous.” I remember being fascinated and terrified. As an acupuncturist, I try to be mindful of what I put into my body. I set out on a quest to answer the What Ifs. What would happen if these small particles invaded the body without our knowledge? What if someone could tap into our brain and control our actions? Who would have the courage to stop it?
My degree in biology gave me a love of science and a background into the physical realm of the body. My diploma in Traditional Chinese acupuncture taught me that the mind and spirit affect the body in powerful ways. Love and laughter have profound healing properties. I tried to incorporate all those aspects into the story.


Are there any songs that inspired Chemical Attraction?

In Chemical Attraction, I mention many songs. I don’t have one particular song that inspired me. I do have a playlist of all the songs I use in my novel. It’s my workout music. It’s silly, but it makes me smile.

If Chemical Attraction was made into a movie, who would you cast to star as Joe and Madeline?

I see Brian Austin Green as Joe and Michelle Borth as Madeline. I’d also want Nathan Fillion to play Matt Connor.

What inspired you to start writing?

Chemical Attraction started out as busy work. My children were grown, and I worked part-time. I had an idea about a hero and heroine, who were confident in their careers, yet vulnerable in their relationships. I needed to put it on paper. I wanted these characters to feel that special connection. My husband, Kraig, is my inspiration and my rock. His pleasant spin on my intensity allows me to let go and have fun. I find it difficult most of the time, but I’m working on it.

Can you share a little bit about what you’re working on at the moment?

I just turned in my revisions for the sequel, Chemical Reaction. Right now, I’m editing the prequel, which focuses on the strong bond that Joe has with his sisters, Eva and Taylor. I’m amazed at the depth I see in these characters. A friend commented that the reason I know these characters so well is that I knew them in a previous life. I wonder if other writers feel that way.

Thanks for visiting!

Thank you again for hosting Chemical Attraction. I appreciate the support.

About the Author





Christina Thompson, a retired acupuncturist, enjoys writing about the physical science, the emotional workings of our mind and heart, and the spiritual energy that taps into our passions. Her degree in biology from Nazareth College in Kalamazoo gave her a love of science and a background into the physical realm of the body. Her diploma in Traditional Chinese acupuncture from Midwest College of Oriental Medicine taught her that the mind and spirit affect the body in powerful ways. She is the small business co-owner of Divine-ation Creations, which develops holistic products of self-discovery and universal awareness. She continues to teach on many topics including massage therapy, acupuncture, Feng Shui as well as other modalities of Chinese medicine. She currently resides with her husband, Kraig, in West Michigan.
Author Links: GoodreadsFacebook Twitter Website

1 comment:

  1. I love the book. can't wait for the second one to come out. Most of all, I can't wait for the movie to be made!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)