Friday, 5 April 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #5

It's Friday, so it's time for Feature and Follow Friday. It's a fabulous meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, which is a great way to meet new blogging friends and followers.


Alison Can Read Feature & Follow



Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - This week's feature is: Book Cupid and Bookworm In Love
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!


Q: Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate -- ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?

I usually won't read a book that I think I'll hate, but there's not many books out there I would hate. The only thing I can think of is Tess of the d'Urbervilles. I had to read it as part of a LAMDA asessment, which I didn't mind. I'd had to read Jane Eyre the time before, and I'd loved that. But I hated Tess of the d'Urbervilles, it was such a struggle to actually read it, and I couldn't sympathise with Tess at all- I thought she was a total moron. 
This was me the whole way through.

What about you, have you ever read a book you thought you'd hate? And, how did that go?



24 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you didn't like the book Tess of the d'Ubervilles. I haven't read it yet.

    New GFC Follower, Follow back?

    Here's My Feature & Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it was a personal thing, since it's such a classic lol
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  2. Awww, I haven't read Tess, but my sister had to read it for an AP English Lit paper, and she loved it.

    New Bloglovin follower!

    Here is my FF post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, each to their own I guess! Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  3. Some school books just make you want to pull your hair out.
    Old follower
    my F&F
    http://kimberlysnovelnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/friday-56-26-feature-friday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Haha! Yay Merida! Haven't heard of that book but have had my moments like that with other heroines!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very frustrating when the heroine is just irritating lol
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hi! Thanks for stopping by Silk Screen Views. =)

    I haven't read that book yet but I totally dig your OMG gif. LOL! Gotta love Brave!

    Following you on Twitter.

    -Soo
    http://silkscreenviews.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Brave is awesome!
      Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for stopping by at my blog. :)
    I haven't ever heard of this book, but the title sounds pretty weird already. :S

    Following back via Bloglovin. :)

    P.S. ERMAHGERD you're from Scotland. I loves it there. <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not great, in my opinion lol
      Haha, it's pretty great, but cold! Thanks for following :)

      Delete
  7. I remember watching the BBC movie of Tess and I liked it up until the last half. She was naive about the world, but I still didn't want her to die. Old follower. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it, the book put me off too much- although I think I might enjoy the movie more...we'll see lol

      Delete
  8. I have heard some not so complimentary things about Tess, so I don't think you are alone there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following back! I have seen Tess on a few FF's this week. Haven't read it yet, but don't think I want to now : )
    CeCe @ steamingmugofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised it's mentioned on other FF's lol

      Delete
  10. Following you back via GFC!

    School and their logic regarding books.. *sigh*

    ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yep, it's like they seek out the awful books!

      Delete
  11. followed back

    Oh I know some of the stories they have you read are just frustrating I was not a big fan of "Of Mice and Men"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Thanks for the follow back :)

      Delete

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)