Friday, 26 April 2013

Book Tour Review: The Earl in My Bed by Sophie Jordan



Welcome to my stop on the book tour for The Earl in My Bed by Sophie Jordan, hosted by Tasty Book Tours. Enjoy!





The Earl in My Bed
Author: Sophie Jordan
Publisher: Avon Books
Publish Date: 5 February 2013


Intended for one man ... All her life, everyone assumed Paget Ellsworth, the vicar’s daughter, would marry the Earl of Winningham's youngest son. And when he left for war with his older brother, Jamie, words and promises were not necessary. She would wait. But destined for another … Four years pass, and the death of his father forces Jamie home to take up the reins as the new earl, leaving his brother fighting on the front lines a world away.

Maddening, infuriating, sexy Jamie makes Paget question her feelings. One glimpse, one word from him awakens desire in her heart. When a simple kiss spirals out of control at the annual Valentine’s Day ball, she realizes the man she never wanted is the man she needs ... but will Paget cast aside all she’s ever thought to be true to win the man of her dreams?


Buy Links: Amazon  |  Barnes & Noble  |  IndieBound  |  iBookstore


My Review:





The Earl in My Bed is book 2.5 of the Forgotten Princesses series, but it works very well as a stand alone novella. I haven't read the previous books and I didn't feel like I was missing something- although now I definitely want to read this series!

Paget has always expected to marry her childhood friend, Owen, but recently she's realised that she couldn't marry Owen because she doesn't feel 'that' way about him. She wants passion and love from her marriage, not just friendship. When she bumps into Jamie, Owen's brother, the chemistry between them is electric. At first, she struggles with this because she's never liked Jamie, but she starts to see underneath his gruff exterior to the real Jamie.

Jamie begrudged Paget when they were children, because she was lively and close friends with his brothers, Owen and Brand. He felt left out as a child, and developed a cold and surly exterior. When they meet as adults, Jamie can't deny his strong attraction to Paget, and an irrepressible need to have her for himself. Of course, this battles with his guilt at leaving Owen in war-torn India.

The characters were both really well-developed for a novella. The whole story was well-paced, until the end, where the ending felt a little rushed.
I loved that the characters took the opportunity they had for love, and didn't let themselves give in to feelings of guilt and duty. Their chemistry was fab, and the romance was believable and passionate.

I really enjoyed this novella, and it's whetted my appetite for the other books in this series. I'm really looking forward to reading Owen's story as well!

*I was provided with an eARC by the publisher via Edelweiss, for my honest opinion.

About the Author


Sophie Jordan, a former high school English teacher, resides in Houston with her family. When she’s not writing, she divides her time between inventing what she likes to call culinary masterpieces -- her husband won’t always agree -- and visiting her family’s pecan ranch in the scenic Texas Hill Country.

Author Links: Website  | Facebook  | Twitter

4 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to read this one. I have really enjoyed reading from this author before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first book by Sophie Jordan, and it was a great little introduction. Can't wait to read more!

      Delete

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)