Thursday, 7 March 2013

Liebster Blog Award Nomination (And Happy World Book Day)!

Hey Everybody!

Before I get down to business, I'd just like to say Happy World Book Day to everyone (I'm not sure if this is just the UK but I'll share the global love!)

So, a massive thank you to both Book Club Librarian and Chelsea at Starbucks & Books Obsession for nominating me for a Liebster Blog Award. Exciting business, my friends!


The purpose of the Liebster Award is to get blogs with less than 200 followers noticed.

The Rules
1.     Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
2.     Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3.     Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they've been chosen.
4.     Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.



Questions from my nominator (I'll start with the ones from Book Club Librarian):

1. Which book have you always wanted to read, but haven't read yet?
I want to read Wuthering Heights, I’ve seen plenty of TV and movie adaptations but I’ve still not gotten around to reading it.

2. How many books do you read a year?
Oh God, I have absolutely no idea. I tend to read about 10 each month I think. So… maybe 120… that can’t be right. That’s a lot of books!

3. What is your favorite genre?
Romance!

4. Do you read more than one book at a time? If so, how many do you juggle?
Not usually, I don’t like to be distracted from a book.

5. Do you own an e-reader?  If so, which one?
I have a kindle, it’s my baby.

6. What is your favorite food?
Hmmm, my mum’s roast dinner. Her roast potatoes are heavenly.

7. What is your favorite beverage?
Mango juice, I love the mango juice!

8. What is your favorite snack?
I’m a total chocaholic.

9. What is your favorite candy?
Chocolate. Is chocolate candy? If not, I really like glacier mints.

10. What is your favorite television show?
At the moment, I’d probably go through for Game of Thrones. But I’m a big True Blood and Downton Abbey fan.

11. What is your favorite movie?
The 2005 Pride and Prejudice is probably my favourite, it’s definitely up there.


Questions from my nominator (Starbucks & Books Obsession):

1.If you could write a book, what genre would it be?
Definitely Romance!

2. What's your favorite past time, besides reading?
I love watching movies with my flatmates.

3. What teacher or professor has inspired you most?
My Animal Biology professor is pretty awesome!

4. What's your favorite literary love triangle?
I’m not a huge fan of love triangles, but I do like the Elena, Stefan & Damon one from The Vampire Diaries.
5. Cake or Pie?
Cake, preferably chocolate.

6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Hawaii. The beach, the sea and the sun- definitely missing that in Scotland!

7. What is your favorite book of all time?
Devil In Winter by Lisa Kleypas. Totally amazing!

8. If you could re-write the end of any book, which one would it be?
I really don’t know. It’s been a while since I've found a book ending really annoying.

9. What is your favorite coffee drink?
Vanilla latte.

10. Who is your favorite author?
Julia Quinn

11. What is your favorite type of blog post?
Giveaways are pretty great, but I like a good honest review. Especially if it helps me choose a new book to read.

11 Random facts About Me:
  1. I'm studying Biological Sciences, but I start studying Zoology next year.
  2. I have a black pug called Indigo, who I adore.
  3. I also have a ginger cat called Hercules.
  4. I went to a military boarding school for 7 years. 
  5. This is my first blog!
  6. I love tulips.
  7. I have a rather strong ebay addiction.
  8. My friends call me Hobgoblin. I don't know why I'm friends with these people ;)
  9. My favourite Disney princess is Belle. She's a smart girl who loves to read, what's not to like?
  10. I have a strong aversion to exercise, it hurts!
  11. I love 50s style dresses.
11 Questions for my Nominees:
  1. What is your favourite book genre?
  2. Who's your favourite Disney character (if you like Disney)?
  3. What animal would you like to be, and why?
  4. If you were a biscuit, what biscuit would you be?
  5. Tea or coffee?
  6. Paperbacks or Ebooks?
  7. What new release book are you looking forward to this year?
  8. What's your favourite book to movie/TV adaptation?
  9. Favourite book/movie character?
  10. Who's your dream man/woman?
  11. Where would you go for your dream holiday?
And finally... my Nominees:


Hopefully I've not nominated anyone who already has been!
Enjoy!



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination! I will have my info up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome, looking forward to your responses :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination, Chelsea! My post is up. Click here. 

    Julie ^_^
    Books and Insomnia

    P.S.
    And Belle's also my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this is Cerian- but you're welcome! I'll check out the post :)

      Delete

I love comments, they make me happy!
So please leave a comment, and I'll try to return the love ASAP :)